Saturday, December 4, 2010

Letter from Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) re. Border Security



     October 18, 2010
Dear Friend,
Thank you for contacting me regarding the security of our borders. I greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.
The problem of illegal immigration is a threat to our nation's security and economy, and we must prioritize strengthening our borders. I believe law enforcement and border security agents need additional resources and support in order to perform their important duties and to ensure our laws are being enforced adequately and equally in all situations. Increased technology -- including security cameras, unmanned aerial vehicles, and electronic sensors -- as well as fences along the border where appropriate, are critical components of maintaining security along our southern border. With fair and equal enforcement of our laws, and enhanced border security, we can more effectively combat illegal immigration.
I strongly believe in the need for comprehensive immigration reform. I oppose amnesty, and believe we need to hold employers accountable for their hiring practices and crack down on entities that knowingly employ illegal workers. This is why I support the E-Verify program as a tool to help employers ensure they are hiring legal workers. I am committed to achieving practical, bipartisan, comprehensive reform that will protect taxpayers and address the problem of illegal immigration at its core. With our economy in peril, it is more important than ever to ensure that we are protecting the jobs, wages and working conditions of American workers.
Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
Signature
Kay R. Hagan
Please do not reply to this email. Instead, if you have further questions, please visit www.hagan.senate.gov and fill out my web form for your inquiry. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment